Saturday, February 11, 2012

Breakfast on the go

I'm a breakfast eater.  I always have been.  It is probably my favorite meal of the day.  A good cup of coffee and something simple as oatmeal and fruit go a long way.

During the week, when I am at home, many times I'm in a rush.  One of my new favorite things to do is to cook an apple in the oven during my work out.  When I'm done, so is my breakfast!

I start with an apple that I core and sprinkle a bit of cinnamon or nutmeg into the middle.  Add a few raisins.  Put directly into the oven that is cold.  I turn it on to preheat to 350 and start getting dressed for the gym.  Once I've gotten dressed and ready to go, the oven is heated.  Turn of the oven and go!

When you are done working out, your apple is toasted warm and ready to eat.  Place in a bowl, top with vanilla yogurt, and a few nuts.

Its a great easy way to start your day!


No comments:

Post a Comment